Our contact details
Name: David Parr
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers (email)
- Smart meter data (smart meter read only access credentials, smart meter identifiers, smart meter consumption, postal address of meter)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Registering a user account
- Uploading smart meter data through a file
- Connection credentials to read your smart meter data
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From Octopus Energy when connecting to your smart meter through the internet
- From PostHog when using the application
- If you have not logged in to ENGI.AI the data is anonymised.
- If you have logged in the data is associated with your ENGI.AI account.
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide you services through ENGI.AI.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by deleting your account.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored with our cloud provider, Railway.app. Authentication and authorisation information, in the event it is stored, is encrypted at rest and in transit.